[VAC] JB Weld

A short while ago there was some discussion here about JB Weld, how
effective it is/isn't, and whether or not it's really any different from
other epoxy-based products. The other day, in prep for tackling the
winter's work on Sibill, I bought a copy of Richard Finch's "Welder's
Handbook" (Revised Edition, 1997, Berkeley Publishing Group, NY. ISBN
1-55788-264-9.) On p.135, in a chapter on "Special Welding Processes",
the author describes a situation in which he recommended to a client that
he try JB Weld rather than true welding. The paragraph concludes: "...the
'cold weld' is still holding. Try steel-based epoxy for similar [it was a
1/4" hole in a motorcycle transmission case] metal repairs. Clear epoxy
does not have the heat resistance or flexibility that metal base epoxy
does. You could save yourself a lot of work with the 'cold weld' method.
Try it sometime."

The opinion of one person with more experience than I. FWIW.

Rob & Sadie, in the gold country, California, USA
  '73 Safari: "Sibill", the SIlver BILLet;
  '99 F-150, black supercab flairside, "Gromit";
   Golden Retriever, "Twee", and muttski, "Randall";
   --and the Prijon Beluga (kayak)