Re: [VAC] Phones - Fulltiming

Greetings Cindy and Carl!

Your telephone idea sounds very workable.  I have used a similar setup, not
because of full-timing, but because my hours are so unpredicatable.  The
one thing that I have learned is that a high quality answering machine is
critical as is an Uninterruped Power Supply.  The trying thing with my
newest Sony answering machine is that the message is digitally recorded so
that every time the power goes out - - even for a fraction of a second - -
the message is erased rendering the machine inoperable until a new message
is recorded.  My solution has been to purchase an Uninterrupted Power
Supply similar to those used on computers used as file servers - - I
purchased mine from a nearby Radio Shack for about $200.00.  The
Uninterrupted Power Supply's battery will keep the answering machine going
for up to one-hour in the event of a power outage - - and some of these
devices will also provide lighning arrest and power surge protection for
your telephone line.

Good luck with your investigation!