Re: [VAC] lock

Greetings Brian!

Don't give up yet.  I had similar difficulties with my '64 Overlander.  If
your '62 has the door that just fits into a groove in the lower edge of the
opening, you might be able to relieve the binding by lifting up and pushing
in on the door using the handle.  On my Overlander, I had to repeatedly
soak the lock with penetrating oil and use the lift and push method to get
the lock to turn.  Likely, the lock can be rebuilt by a competent
locksmith.  My local locksmith had a cylinder that was exactly the same
size as my original.

Good luck with your project!