[VAC] Airstream identification

I,m pleased to announce that i've recently aquired what I think is a
59 overlander. The confusion is due to the bill of sale saying one thing
and the registration saying another. The registration claims that the
trailer is a 64 but from what i've seen it can't be.
 First let's start with the serial #. The tag on the outside of the
trailer is stamped #269219. There are no letters in this. I've called
the people at Airstream and they were totally confused. One guy said it
must be a "69" but I said "no way" because there is 7 panels above the
front and rear window. The origional battery box is on the front, the
suspention is composed of 2 axels with LEAF SPRINGS And links. The most
noticable feature is the shape of the wheel wells. They "peak in the
middle of the wheels on each side.The body of this unit is in great
shape with the interior being mostly stock.
    ANY help out there from you collectors would be greatly
appreciated     I'll be needing good advice further on down the road
getting this gem back on the road.
                                      Thank You,
                                      Joe DeLillo
                                      Colchester, Conn.