Re: [VAC] leaks

Richard,

Seems like exactly the same problem I had until I ripped out the carpet and
discovered the water was entering into the rig from around the door frame and
migrating under the carpet and couch, finally pooling inside on the road-side
floor back by the water pump where it proceeded to develop an ugly patch of dry
rot. I originally thought it was caused by a leaky pump, until I lifted the
disgusting mildewed and rotted under pad and carpet and could see etched on the
plywood floor the water stains pointing to the dry rot.

Upon visually examining the door frame it looked really tight. I inserted a
razor sharp blade into the crack and the old caulking came out crumbling like
dust. Scraped it all out and recaulked with polysulfide - voila - no more leaks.
The worst water damage was 9 feet away from the cause!

John Brooke
from the Tin Tent, 1976 Argosy 28, in Freelton Ontario Canada