Converting pressurized water system to demand

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by James on April 22, 2001 at 16:27:37:

Each year when getting the trailer ready for summer,I have crossed my fingers and hoped that the original 30 gal pressurized tank had not developed a leak. Well, this year it did. It worked out for the best because it not only allowed me to convert to a 40 gallon tank but to get that heavy metal round tank out of the trailer. For those of you faced with this chore at some future date, it is not a terribly difficult task. The main concern is matching up plumbing and planning the drain and conversion.

I opted to leave the original appearance of the water fill outside which consists of a 1-1/2 inch threaded pipe and cap. The inside was changed so it could be reduced to a smaller size allowing for the plastic filler hose to connect to the tank. The total cost of materials including the pump, tank and miscellaneous tubing etc. came to $235.00. Not too bad for about three hours work. Fortunately, I have a double sized bed in the 72 Streamline which allows plenty of room for a rectangular plastic tank. I managed to re-use as much as I could to prevent added costs. Having the added water capacity surely will make extended weekends more pleasurable!

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.