Re: Converting pressurized water system to demand

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by James on May 5, 2001 at 20:34:07:

In Reply to: Re: Converting pressurized water system to demand posted by Tom Patterson on May 4, 2001 at 04:25:54:

Mike-

I sure am glad that you could fix and re-use your tank set-up. I also liked the pressurized system because it would hold pressure for a full day without running the pump. I had talked to old timers through the years and always heard that patches would not hold on the old glass lined tanks. I am not sure if that is true or not but my tank was a green color unlike your stainless tanks. I could imagine that my tank was full of rust because I could see the flakes when I winterized and drained the system. Since I only had the single 30 gal tank, it was nice to upgrade to the 40 gallon demand. The thing that I dreaded the most is already bugging me! That pump is so loud and the constant on and off will drive a person crazy. I did make sure my pipes were attached secrely to the walls and plan to build an insulated box to put over the pump which is directly under the bed. I am pleased that I could retain the original fill pipe from the outside. I try to keep everything as original as possible. My coleman air pump was the original and worked perfect. I just gave it away to my RV mechanic who will come out and help me with things on the trailer. He appreciates the older trailers the way we do.

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.