The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] VIN location for 1966 Silver Streak Sabre

I bought my trailer with significant damage to the driver side rear corner.
The accident crinkled the lower rear corner and popped what I suspect the VIN
plate off the body. What's left is a rectangular area with 4 rivets left and
no VIN plate - the plate looked to be about 4 inches long and maybe 1.5 to 2
inches high. Does this sound right? Has anybody been successful in obtaining a
replacement VIN Plate? I've checked the license plate with the make and model
and everything checks out, and I have the VIN number on the registration
documents -- so I'm hoping either to manufacture a replacement plate with all
the correct info or get one from...? Normally I'd go to the manufacturer, but
-- well -- we all know how far that would get me. any ideas?

Jason