The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Silver Streak logos.....

Ok, here is the deal.

I went to Aztec Castings here in Houston, and they can make up some logos in
cast aluminum if desired.  I showed them some cast aluminum Streamline logos
that they had made up for me several years ago and used them as a talking
point.

Cost will be $100 for the mold for each logo, and then $20 for each individual
logo that is produced.  They will be cleaned up after being removed from the
mold.  I estimated that we might need about 20 pieces, and the cost is based
upon that.  If two different items are needed, then figure on this price for
each item.  Final price might vary a little based on bringing in an actual
Silver Streak logo, and the final quantity.

For your information, I took a picture of the extra Streamline logos that I
had, and they can be seen at the link below.  In case you are wondering why
two different sizes, that is because the front and back logos on my trailer
were different sizes.  The slight bend in the one logo is because there was a
slight bend in the plastic logo that came off of my trailer.

http://208.109.117.138/images/StreamlineLogo.jpg

The logos are thin - about 1/8 of an inch.  They will have to be carefully
packaged for shipping.  Shipping costs are at this time unknown.

Now, I think it is up to everyone to decide what they want to do.  If enough
are interested, I can order some of these cast aluminum ones.  There are also
suggestions around about ordering individual letters, and having them made by
water jet.  I am only involved with the cast aluminum ones.

Anyway, you can all decide what you want.  Let me know.

-Tom