The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] replacing steel piping with copper

I'm thinking of replacing all the steel piping used for the propane main
feeds with copper. This is due to a discussion with my neighbour who's in
the Navy and is a gas fitter, plumber, jack of all. If given the chance, he
would always change from ferrous to non-ferrous metal in these situations.
Neither of us has done this kindof thing with a RV before so I'm wondering
if anybody has done this switch over, or even if it's a good idea! I always
wonder -- if this manufacturer didn't do it, what were the reasons...

Any comments are very much appreciated.

Jason
'66 Sabre