The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Plumbing help please!

My 1964 SS Sabre has a leak in the copper running under the platform the
toilet sits on.  I've removed the toilet and partly disassembled the platform,
and realized I must remove the flange in order to get the top of the platform
off so I can try to see the pipes.

I am unable to get the flange off!  There were 4 very rusted screws holding it
down and I've removed those, but when I try to lift up, it pulls on the black
water tank rather than coming loose.  I've tried twisting, and can't get it to
budge that way either.

This appears to be the original platform (it was held together with large
staples).  The flange is cast iron and is probably original as well.  If pictures
would help, I'd be happy to post pictures.

I'm trying to get under the black water tank so I can find the leak and fix it.
Is there a better way to go about this?

Bev