The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Newbie electrical ground question

I've been reading messages, and I'm hoping you folks can help.  We picked
up our "new-to-us"  '64 SS 19' Saber.  The tail lights were acting wacko and
after researching on the web, I have finally figured out that the left tail light is
not grounded.  The ground wire coming out at the fixture doesn't look bad
(there are 2 wires, one green and one black; since the black one is the
ground on the right side, I assume the black is the ground on the left side).  I
peeled back a little bit of the insulation on the black wire in "front" of the
crimped connector that creates the splice to the light fixture hoping maybe
the splice was bad and I'd find a ground connection, but I didn't.   I'd like to
ground it, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it without tearing
into the shell.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Bev