The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Newbie battery question

So I'm ready to buy a deep cycle battery for my 64 SS 20 foot Sabre.  I've
done my research via the web and the result is ... I'm totally confused!

I thought the best thing was to buy a lead acid battery that was JUST deep
cycle without cranking power ... but the more I look, the more I find I can't
find that in a lead acid.  Even when they claim to be deep cycle batteries,
they still seem to have 500 CCA or more.

What do other folks use?  Please tell me the size and brand and why you
like it.  Offer any advice you think might be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bev