The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Hinge order placed

The new stainless steel hinge project is off and running. Last count was 22
sets. I ordered extra's for those who may not know about the project, such
as new members who may find us. I am excited about the prospect of new
hinges being produced by a genuine hinge maker.

The next step is the 4 to 5 week production process. They program CNC
machines, laser cut the stock, fold the loops, die break-bend the 90 degree
angles, and CNC iron-worker punch the holes. The last step is press-fit the
hinge pin. They will set all this up and produce one hinge to completion.
All aspects are carefully measured to Ralph's new hinge sample. If the hinge
passes test, production run commences. Yea!

So that's it. Let's all keep our fingers crossed this hinge which is
actually very complicated, can be produced. At this point the hinge has
become a challenging "pet project" for the company due to it's simple, but
complex nature. I guess it's hard if your a hinge company to tell a
customer, "we can't do it". I told them, "Go for it!".

I thank all the members with no interest in this and who by now are sick of
reading "Hinge" in the subject line, for their undying patience.

-Eddie- Houston, TX