The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Door hinges

Hello all. I am just checking in to see if anyone has made any headway on finding
door hinges for our silver beauties. I have a 74 SS and my door is hanging on with
just one loop per hinge. If (when) either one breaks I am out of business. I had
located a machine shop (batesville casting products) that wanted to charge me 1500
to develop a die and then charge $500 for one or $100 per hinge if I ordered 20
Funny at the time this seemed ridicules but now a year later it is starting to look
like something I may consider if I had 9 other folks willing to split the die cost
and purchase 2 hinges each. That makes it $450 investment to set the die and get two
hinges.
  Anyone interested? If so we need to get the lawyers to figure out how to protect
ourselves.    Curt & Marie