The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Beautiful SS Sabre for sale

I have a 1970 23 ft SS Sabre that I am going to sell.  It has been gently used.
I have had it for 3 years or so and when I aquired it, it had been used only as
a guest quarters on occasion for several years.  I doubt it ever really had been
used much.  I have done some things to it since then to make it a perectly
roadworthy, safe, reliable, and beautiful rig.  Here are things I have done do it.

New Pergo flooring (light color)
New dinette cushions upholstered in a combo of vinyl and commercial grade fabric
2 new 7 gal Worthington propane tanks and new regulator
new toilet
new fresh water holding tank
new water pump
BRAND NEW gray water tank added
new plumbing from black tank
new caster wheels in back to eliminate dragging
new monitor panel for battery / fresh, gray & black water systems
new battery charger / converter
propane detector hardwired in
smoke / carbon monoxide detector
5 new wheels w/new 7 ply trailer tires
extra leaf spring in case you break one on a trip
heavy duty weight distribution hitch with anti-sway bar and heavy duty ball
o-rings replaced in the faucets
new rooftop vents
new heavy duty chains and safety brake activator
new rooftop plumbing vents

EVERYTHING in this rig works and is nearly all original except the things listed.
The original appliances are torquiose and all work perfectly.  The only thing I
can think of is that the forced air furnace pilot will go out after burning for a
while.  It may be a thermocouple issue, but the furnace does work and will heat
the trailer nicely until the pilot goes out.  One of the square rooftop vent covers
that I presently have in place is the incorrect size, but it does not leak AT ALL.
The rooftop AC works perfectly.  The original Carter awning is all there and works
perfectly and even has the original fabric which is in surprisingly great shape.
ALL windows are original and in amazing condition including the two curved front
panes.  I have a LOT of original owner information...brochures and instruction
manuals for the appliances, carter shade, water filtration system (it's there under
the sink and I have original filter cartridge replacements!)  I even have the original
 resin "Silver Streak" and "sabre" logos from the front and back.  One of them is in
3 pieces but it's there.  I am not kidding when I say you could pick it up and hit
the road and go anywhere.  I also have a 2000 watt Honda generator with maybe 20 hrs
on it that I will sell seperately.

So why am I selling such an awesome rig?...We decided to go modern...I just bought a
class C motorhome.  I hope I don't regret selling the SS beacause it is so great and I
 will likely not be able to ever replace it, but it's not really practical for me to
keep it.  So, if you're on this list it's because you love Silver Streaks.  I do too.
We had a 1964 Airstream Bambi II for a while untill we had our second child and then
went to the SS, which I am sold on being a superior trailer.

So how much?  I'm looking for $18,000 for it.  I know that's a ton of money, but that's
where I'm going to start.  This list is the only place this information has been posted
so far.  I wanted SS enthusiasts to have first dibs.  I do not have photos available
right now, but I will do so in the near future.  In the mean time, please email me at
dbwentfishin@yahoo.com for more info.  If you wish to speak with me, include your
telephone number and time to call you.  I live in the Glendale, CA area and you may
see the trailer if you wish.

Sincerely,

db