The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] 68 Sabre: grease seal part search

Greetings,
I am having a difficult time finding a 'spindle sleeve'.  I'm sure it
is called something else but is similar to a speedi sleeve.  It is a
stainless flanged ring about an inch and 3/4 I.D. that fits inside of
the rear grease seal on the back of the brake drum.  My trailer is
missing one and there is a lot of built up grease on the backing
plate and magnet .  I think it is important to use this part because
the spindle has four 3/8" flat spots that prevent a typical seal from
working.  Additionally, the drum missing this part is fairly out of
round and shows signs of excessive heat.
If any one know a source for this part please let me know.
Thank you,
Steve S.