The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Year Models.

-----Original Message-----
From: sslist-admin@tompatterson.com
[mailto:sslist-admin@tompatterson.com] On Behalf Of Eddie
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 4:38 AM

Eddie,

Thanks for the info.  I checked Tom's site, and putting together that
information, along with your comments, and other information I have
gathered over the past several years, I now have a rough guess as to
the number of anodized finish Silver Streaks produced.

The years 1967 through 1984 represent the years of anodized finish
production, and as no one has any information on production of a 1967
Silver Streak, let's estimate the production run as the 17 year period
between 1968 through 1984.  As the total number of Silver Streaks
never exceeded 6 per week, it is fairly safe to assume the maximum
number of  Silver Streaks produced in a given year were never more
than 300.  Because the number of Silver Streaks produced declined
after the gas shortages of 1973-1974, I would estimate the average
yearly production for the 17 year period to be 200 per year, for a
total Silver Streak trailer production run of 3,400 trailers.  I would
estimate that out of the potential 3,400 Silver Streak trailers
produced, probably somewhere between 2,000 and 2,500 still exist in
usable "over the road" condition.

The above figures are estimates only, and I hope everyone understands
the numbers represent my "Best Guess", based on very little actual
information.  It looks as though we will never know the true number of
Silver Streak trailers built.  We are relegated to estimating the
total number built, based on imprecise information, but is seems
that's the best we can do.  I certainly welcome any information that
would either support or disprove my estimate of the number of Silver
Streak Travel Trailers produced with the anodized finish.

Regards all,

Ralph