The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Walk in cooler hinges would work and be affordable. Take a look.

  • To: <sslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [SilverStreak] Walk in cooler hinges would work and be affordable. Take a look.
  • From: "Ralph Cooke" <rcooke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:28:14 -0700

AJ,

I looked into the cooler hinges, but could not find any that could be
modified to keep the original function of the double door, (main door
and plug door) as the spacing and location must be EXACT for the doors
to function properly.  After my door came off, I made up a temp. hinge
from a heavy duty "Gate" hinge, but then lost the function of the plug
door  The custom made Stainless Steel hinges were the only solution I
could come up with.  We have been discussing the hinge problem for
more than two years, and no one had come up with a solution, but
luckily I found a small shop that had a "craftsman" there who was
willing to tackle the problem, so I had to act if I wanted to use my
SS.

If you are able to adapt or modify a low cost set of hinges that will
work properly on our "Double" door Silver Streaks, please post the
info to the list.  There are a lot of people who have problems with
their door hinges.  I've solved my hinge problem and am completely
satisfied with my Stainless Steel Hinges, though I hated to pay the
high cost.  I know there are many others out there who just want
serviceable hinges, so they can use their trailer.

Regards,

Ralph