The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Silver Streak logos.....

Darin,
Thank you for that information. If you want to do a Cc: on the pictures
transmittal to Tom it would be appreciated. I know from Tom's past work that
missing letters might be formed during the casting, especially if others
provide a picture of what is missing for Tom to present in the set up. I
have seen the product and it is very good. I will be very pleased. You may
want to know the company casts with aluminum, not pot metal which was a
concern I had and did address. The aluminum should be stronger than the
original.

I actually do have an interest in the logo casting such that if I like what
I see, can determine the approximate size, I would like to add them to my 79
SS trailer and 76 SS motor home. Obviously I don't need the word Saber, but
I think the SS logo would be a very nice addition to my coaches. My
participation will help reduce the final costs for all who participate.

I did make an error in the logos I listed and I am ironically also pricing
as a result of  Tom's previous information. That error is the Albatross by
Glider, which I posted backward. I also have a trailer likeness Owner Plate
Badge I am awaiting a quote that I failed to include. Others may also have
an interest in that. This might be visible on Tom's trailer, on his site. I
did not know Tom was going to Aztec, a very long drive in my opinion for
him. Aztec location is very close to me. I had already confirmed the company
still did this work, and the set up and fees Tom stated are exactly what I
had been quoted. I tried to call him but he apparently was already enroot.

I have approached Aztec to cast the SS hinges. The prospects of that
initially was no, but the final word has not been received. The set up fees
would be higher and possibly cost prohibitive.

I was told Tom's previous castings were not kept. In the interest of this
project, it may be wise for all to consider this an opportunity that once
completed will go away requiring all new set up fees.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX