The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re: Silver Streak Digest V1 #597

Thanks Jonathan,
I opened the fuse box under the hood and it looks like there is a fuse in the
box for the 12VDC line, but there was no power at the plug when I checked?it
with my little light. Electric lines always throw me so I may just?take it to
a auto shop where they have done it before.
? Thanks again, Joe?

Joe,
You need to add a maxi-fuse in the fuse panel under the hood in order to get
12VDC on the connector to charge the trailer. I think it is either 20 or 30
amps, they are the large type fuses that can be several dollars each.
If the truck was bought with the towing package/harness, the harness that GM
supplies for wiring a brake controller has the fuse taped to it. At least mine
did. Good luck!
-Jonathan-