From: Eddie <Eddie@Huffstetter.com>
To:
sslist@tompatterson.com
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 8:00:45 PM
Subject: Re:
[SilverStreak] Re: Silver Streak Digest V1 #596

I plan on doing the same in
my 79, in the cabinet below the oem range top.
Can't remember if an outlet is
already there, but if not you could add a
surface mount outlet as it will be
concealed behind the MW no matter where
you mount it. Be sure the narrowest
of the 2 slots of your new outlet get
the "hot" wire. The color of that wire
needs to be black. The wide slot get
the white wire. The round get a copper
uninsulated wire.

Use whatever microwave will fit the cabinet space. Shore
power is always an
iffy proposition and fancier MW have sensitive control
panels less forgiving
to shore power problems. You might want to go
WallyWorld cheapy with a
rotary timer and no clock you'll constantly have to
reset. Or go cheapy
fancy. You'll be happiest with a MW with a carousel.

In
my Curtis Flagship SOB I bought fancy but it was not very expensive. I
used
dry wall screws from the underside of the cabinet floor into the base
of the
MW. I had easy access for that which you might not. I carefully
measured so
that the screws were not too long to interfere with anything
electrical and I
had those screws dig in next to the rubber feet already
there to have
certainty they were in an area of no electrical. There are
many ways you can
be inventive to secure it including wood blocks or little
metal L tabs.

Do
what Ken said and be attentive to not run the MW on the same circuit as
your
Roof Air. Keep in mind that if you have a 30 amp shore power, and often
it is
only 20 amps, your roof air is usually pulling up to half of that if
is a
modern efficient unit and not an old one. There is only so much you can
simultaneously run on a total of 20 or 30 amps and it all adds up real
quick.
You may find you want to cool the coach in the morning, cut off the
air, then
make that coffee or meal in the MW. MW do pull a bunch and dim the
lights.
Great device because they save that propane, avoid heating the
inside in the
hot summers like the stove top, and of course are fast.

EAT MO POSSUM, THE
OTHER WHITE MEAT!
-Eddie-
Houston, TX