The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re: Silver Streak Digest V1 #540

Sherylyn,
There are people on this list reading what you wrote, who may be interested
in buying it from you. You need to tell us about it, rear or side bath, rear
bedroom?, beds there?, kitchen there or incomplete and what?, pallor gutted
or there?, body conditions exterior, interior, soft spots on floor or bad
floor, leaks, broken out windows, stuff like that. We all know these
trailers, the windows that may not quite work, door hinge problems, etc. Do
you have the title? Stuff like that.

Sherylyn, you will just have to set a price. There is no way to "figure what
it is worth?" as there are so many, many, variables. One man's
trash...another's treasure and so forth. It is worth what someone is willing
to pay. So set a price you can live with or hope for, put it out there, and
if the timing is wrong, economy, trailer is just too pricey for condition,
location makes unduly cost for the buyer, then it won't sell, and you will
just either keep it, or lower the price until that buyer comes along.

So the information above is absolute and required and many of us may be your
buyer. Get with Tom Patterson and he might help you list it on his site with
pictures. He is a kind and generous man. Contact him by his email:
pattersontj@sbcglobal.net. He will have already read your note to the list,
my note, and the others who will reply on this forum.

You alone will have to set a price and that price needs to be based upon the
condition, style, and location. The price usually cannot be based upon what
you paid for the trailer and the costs you have invested in the project.
That only works if you completed some sort of restoration, and that
restoration needs to have been typical, and not something odd, for instance
a conversion into a vendor or novelty trailer.

-Eddie-
Houston, TX