The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Rear SS letters on the trunk

To all those with faded SS letters on the trunk of your Silver Streak

I was going to paint the large SS letters on the trunk of my 26' 1972 Silver
Streak as they had faded to a very light pink.
When I cleaned the area with Acetone, I noticed the Acetone took the top
film off of the letters and left them a fairly bright red.
I will not paint the numbers, but did trace them to have replacements made
some time in the future.

Ralph