The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Rear Hitch on trailer

I see that some wrote that they have taken their spare off of the back bumper
on trailers, would it be wise to remove the spare from the back trunk of a
Silver Streak? We have a 1969 Sabre with the two foot deep trunk that holds
the hitch,?equalizer ?bars, spare tire, wood blocks for leveling, and a few
other misc. parts. The heavy hitch and equalizer bars go on the front of the
trailer when you hook up, the only heavy object left back there is the spare
tire. Do you think I should move it? The frame is extended so the trunk has a
angle iron frame under, but it still adds weight behind the rear axle.
? Joe