From: <MSC06USNret@aol.com>
To: <sslist@tompatterson.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Rear floor replacement

> An added comment:  i had fairly good floors in my 1958 Clipper but did have
to band-sand the whole floor to get rid of most of the uneven areas. In the areas
where i had wood loss or seams, i used DURABOND WEBCRETE 95.   This was recommended
to me buy every old-time trailer person as it is self leveling and will not flake
or chip out do to the movement of the trailer.   Thin coats were used to build up
several areas and then the whole thing was band-sanded again. Used my six foot level
to check overall level and was very pleased with the floor core.  Using 'sticky cloth'
for the final dust removal step, i then put tile down to closely match what was
originally in  place.  This has now been down two years without failure so at least
it  worked once.  regards,