it, i wore a very good filtered mask, and then used an industrial  vacuum
several times to get the dust under control before thinking about  reflooring.
best of luck, jim

In a message dated 3/9/2008 1:15:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
waymark1@juno.com writes:

Take  care to avoid dust inhalation. Old stuff especially, for it commonly
has  asbestos in it. Any dust is bad for the lungs. Many products' packages
boasted  of their asbestos content!
Al

-- Jason Parks <jjparks@shaw.ca>  wrote:

Thanks Jim for the tip, I'll definitely have both (wood chips  and seams) so
am pleased to have a tried and true product to use on the  floor.

Jason
----- Original Message -----
From:  <MSC06USNret@aol.com>
To: <sslist@tompatterson.com>
Sent:  Wednesday, March 05, 2008 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Rear floor  replacement

> An added comment:  i had fairly good floors  in my 1958 Clipper but did
have to band-sand the whole floor to get rid of  most of the uneven areas. In the
areas where i had wood loss or seams, i used  DURABOND WEBCRETE 95.   This
was recommended to me buy every  old-time trailer person as it is self leveling
and will not flake or chip out  do to the movement of the trailer.   Thin
coats were used to build  up several areas and then the whole thing was
band-sanded again. Used my six  foot level to check overall level and was very pleased
with the floor  core.  Using 'sticky cloth' for the final dust removal step, i
then put  tile down to closely match what was originally in  place.  This has
now been down two years without failure so at least it  worked  once.
regards,