The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] New Stainless Steel Hinges - Deadbolt?

Does every later SS have a deadbolt in addition to the Bargman latch lock?
My '79's door has a Kwikset stainless deadbolt with a 1" bolt extension
into the door jamb.
I would not trust the latch lock alone since my SS has a "suicide" door.
A nice thing to have: "Brinks" brass padlock that has "Kwikset" matching
key cylinder wards. It comes with extra pins to re-key it to match the
"Kwikset" deadbolt's key. I use them on the hitch coupler latch lever,
the safety chains, the LP cylinders' security chain, the WD spring bar
chains (when unhitched, to prevent them sprouting legs), etc. It's nice
to have every lock keyed alike. I got them at a bigbox superstore but haven't
seen more lately. You might have to contact Brink's to find out where to get
them. Other lockmakers offer similar house-key-pattern padlocks, too.
Al

-- "Ralph Cooke" <rcooke@bak.rr.com> wrote:

Eddie,

RE: Your question on hinge price.

"...I am to pick up my Door, after the damage from it coming off is repaired
by TIG welding a few pieces on to it."
Ralph