The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Hinges for Silver Streak

Eddie,

I think it may be best for you to use Brass Pins, that way the wear
would probably be on the pin and they could be easily replaced.  You
may want to make up two or three extra sets of pins and keep them in
the trailer in the years ahead.

I plan on taking my new hinges to a local SS fabrication shop and see
what they would charge me to fabricate a pair out of SS.  I will not
worry about the discoloration from wielding, perhaps I could have them
"Powder Coated".  I had my rear bumper "Powder Coated" Aluminum, and
it came out good, and only cost $140.00, including a small amount of
repair before coating.

I'll post any info I obtain about my efforts to get a set of hinges
made out of SS, on this email list.,

Regards,

Ralph

Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Hinges for Silver Streak

Ralph,
I would be interested in your old set of broken take-offs