The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Hinge drama

Al, I don't know who made castings for SS. I contacted casting companies.
There is 3/16" shrinkage per foot and other problems with mold castings.
Nobody will do a cast with mold for the hinge. Die casting is a whole
different and horribly expensive animal. An end product could not be better
than pure aluminum. Not enough flex, will still break. Cast is good for
stationary uses like coolers, fridges, etc. Not for trailers that vibrate,
wiggle, and move.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX