The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] (Fwd) Help re Removing toilet platform

If you ever have to extract (unscrew) a broken off stud or screw that
doesn't stick out so you can grab it with an external stud remover (or
Vise-Grip), drill the screw with a left hand drill bit. It may unscrew
the broken off screw without having to use an extractor (Easy-Out). Even
if it doesn't remove the broken off screw, at least it won't be further
tightening it and may loosen it partially so it is easier to extract with
less risk of breaking the extractor.
Left hand drill bits are available from many hardware stores, auto parts
and tool suppliers. I got a nice looking set at Harbor Freight in Spokane
for about the cost of one LH bit from a hardware store.
Al

-- thetansedan@aol.com wrote:

I went out today to purchase supplies and bought fasteners in a close or
barely larger size to replace those removed. (Few required cutoff; most
of those near to toilet):