The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Flooring

Floating hardwood flooring is about 1/4" thick. The T&G snaps together.
It can be disassembled by bending the T&G joint slightly and pulling it
apart. It just lies there by its own weight. You can put some kind of shoe
mold or edging around the periphery and at thresholds.
The same idea is used with laminate and square tiles.
We are considering putting it in our SS. Looking forward to any one else's
experience.
Lowe's, Home Depot & other suppliers carry several brands & styles.
Al

-- Patti Glover <silverstreaker1966@yahoo.com> wrote:

Home Depot has a floating floor tile that looks like wood flooring.  I am going
to try that.  It is sort of T&G that sticks together, apparently not to the
floor itself.  Its been awhile since I studied it, but HD still carries it.

Sherylyn <dstkncpark@mstar.net> wrote: Anyone replaced the carpet in these
trailers and put something else down?
What about the Laminate flooring they now install that fits together?

Any suggestions.  Carpet is out in the visible walk ways and bath area.

Thanks

Parkinsons