From: "Bussiere, Curtis L SFC RES USAR TRADOC" <curtis.bussiere@us.army.mil>
To: sslist <sslist@tompatterson.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 3:14:26 PM
Subject: [SilverStreak] Electrical question

I have never totally understood the theories behind the limited supply of 110 power
throughout our 74 SS. Why some outlets only work with the transformer switch on and
others work with it off. If someone can give me a laymens explanation I would
appreciate it.
My main question is where would it be best / safest to tap into a 110 source? I have
installed a new ceramic lined hot water heater and it runs on gas or electric. I can
handle the installation of all except the electrical. I have a friend who is an
electrician but knows little about campers. I dont think I could find or afford a
good camper electrician so I want to direct the guy to the most reliable source for
110 on the SS. Should we go through the transformer or directly through a breaker?