The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] A'stream

--- Eddie <EddieHuffstetter@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dangerous Dan,
> Nope, didn't know about that one. Yesterday I went
> to Conroe, 336 to 105,
> then went past Montgomery all the way to Navasota. I
> found the location of
> the "Conroe" trailer which I believe was a
> Streamline, but Carolyn always
> referred to it as a "Silver". I know I took pictures
> of it, but I can't find
> them. Anyway, it was gone. The yard has a few horse
> trailers and other
> stuff, but the trailer and all the stuff that had
> been there and overgrown
> for so many years was gone. Maybe the mean lady
> died, or she finally shot
> somebody and is in jail. Something happened since
> she would not talk on the
> phone, and ran me off at the end of a shotgun and
> screaming just because I
> stopped and asked about it.
>
> Oh well, I can finally forget about it. Turned into
> a 192 mile trek in the
> rain, so I'm just as crazy as the old lady in many
> ways I suppose. I suppose
> I'll remain bugged by Jack Terrance 3 trailers,
> floating on the bayou 3/4
> mile from the 4th largest city in America. Weird
> huh?
> -Eddie-
> Houston, TX

  Gotta be a country song in there somewhere.
 I noticed two of Jack's trailers back on Craig's LIST
the other week. No Airstream this time.
  Friend of mine is interested in the A'stream in
Conroe. I need to go to Tomball tomorrow and see if I
can adjust the brakes on my new to me Sovereign.
Should be a nice day for a ride.
  DanG
   Old trucks,
    Old trailers,