The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Fridge woes

I have a 1976 SS with the original Dometic in it.  I walked into the
trailer two weekends ago to the worst smell you could imagine.  Had to
throw everything away.  I pulled the refrigerator out and am ready to
get ready to replace.  I have found one that will fit the same hole but
now am wondering if I should have mine repaired.  They claim the new
ones are an upgrade and have a 3 year warranty.  I do not want to cut my
trailer to make a new standard electric refrig. fit.  Even though the
gas is not really important.  Does anyone have any real opinion on the
new ones that would encourage me one way or the other?

Thanks,

Danny