The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Received my Hinges.

Eddie,

I received my new Stainless Steel Hinges, and my original New Pot Metal
hinge that was used as a pattern, today.  Thanks.

The new Stainless Hinges seem to be a perfect match for the original Pot
Metal Hinges.  The beauty of your "Factory Manufactured" Stainless Hinges is
that every hinge will be Identical.  One worry about my Hand Made Custom
hinge set is the possibility that there could be differences from hinge set
to hinge set, with potential instillation problems.

With your  "Factory Manufactured" hinges every hinge set is identical, they
look great, and the holes match perfectly.

If I were installing another set of hinges, I would probably still use the
Heavy Duty Sealer(Not Silicone) that I used when I installed my Hand Made
Stainless Steel Hinges on my Silver Streak.  Your tape is an excellent idea,
but sounds totally unforgiving.

Eddie, you have my heartfelt thanks for following up on the hinge problem
and sticking with it until you were successful.  I know that you were turned
down several times by the manufacturer, and were told the job was not
possible, but you stuck with it and by dint of personal persuasion, were
successful in getting a batch of "Perfect Duplicate Stainless Steel Hinges"
produced.  AT A CONSIDERABLE UP FRONT COST TO YOURSELF, with no real
assurance that you would ever get your money back.

By your actions, you have extended the useful life of Silver Streaks
trailers by many years.  You have saved all the other Silver Streak owners
the CONSIDERABLE efforts I had to go through to get a Hand Made set of
Silver Streak Hinges made up at a cost of about $550.00.  I had a lot of
trouble even finding someone who would or could fabricate a satisfactory set
by hand.

Best personal regards,

Ralph