The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Watts or Sharkbite for PEX

Bev,
  I finally made it back to the Ace Hardware store to look at the fittings
and see if the white nylongs ones I bought last year were Watts. I looked
and all the white ones were Watts but they didn't look like the fittings I
had bought. What I had purchased before had a nut you put on the PEX, then
you pushed part of the fitting into the ID of the PEX, then you tightened
down the nut. Now all the Watts fittings are like the Sharkbite, they have
a plastic collar that you push the PEX into as it goes into the fitting. If
you would like, I can take a picture of the fitting I have and put it on the
forum on the other part of Tom's site.
  Joe