The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Pex Job and Propane Lights

Bev,
  The Sharkbite fittings are quite expensive, made of brass, and are easily
interchangeable. They sell a small half moon plastic clip that you can use to
take remove a fitting so you could replace a "T" with a elbow or change a
short piece for a long piece. I am not familiar with the Watts brand, what do
they look like? The hot and cold water lines I have yet to replace also go
under the toliet platform. I hope to pull the old lines out after taking the
hotwater heater out and at the same time pull the pex lines in, to do this I
plan on attaching the pex line to the end of the old line by rope, wire, duct
tape, or some other method and then gently pulling on the old line while my
wife helps the pex line go in. And then, as per Eddies suggestion, all elbows,
tees, and valves will be accessable, if nothing else then by taking out a
drawer or removing a shelf.

  Now my question. On the propane light topic, the info I have read on-line says
you have to use internally tinned copper lines, is tinned copper tube readily
available? I have not seen it in stores, but have not been looking for it either.
As usual, thats for all the good info from the group.