The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] new converter

http://www.iotaengineering.com/dls55.htm

Here is the link to Iota Engneering.  I bought mine on line at
www.rvupgrades.com.
The old converter has the glass fuses mounted inthe end, so you will need to
salvage the old fuse block and remont it or use a new one.  The automotive
places do not have the right fues locks, so try some marine or boating
supply places.

The Iota is a dual voltage converter and can have the smart controller aded
for better battery charging and float.  So far I have not added the smart
controller and it is doing fine on the batteries.  I do not use two 6 volt
bateries in series, but do use a pair of deep cycle marine batteris in
parallel.

The Iota controllers have a very clean output and does not bother any of the
12 volt items like the old buzz-box.

I built a small platform to mount the converter and fuse block so that I
could get it up of the floor in the comaprtment.  We have camped inthe Texas
heat with temperaturesin the mid to high 90's and the power converter did
not have a problem.

Ken