The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Silver Streak Trip

Boy!  This brings back memories of when I traveled to pick up my 28' 1972 SS
Continental Deluxe Rocket.  I had found a much older SS rocket closer to home
but when I went to pick it up all I saw was another big project. Not at all
what I wanted.  In disappointment I decided against purchasing it. Then I came
upon my 72.  I'm even sure now where online I found it.  It was located far
far away in Las Cruces, New Mexico.  I bargained with the owner to meet me
halfway to my home.  We met in Gallup, New Mexico and that was the first time
I saw it in person.  I was really so very lucky.  It's been a great trailer.
It also took me about nine hours to drive just to Gallup in my old 86 Ford
F250.  I was full of anticipation and fortunately for me I was blessed to get
something quite good. I realize how I was taking a chance only having seem
some digital photos of it online.

I just returned this past week from a trip to my parents home in Idaho and
then on up to Yellowstone Park.  I stayed at a small RV park in West
Yellowstone and then traveled into the park on my scooter.  I had a great
time.  I'm always amazed how big the bathroom is in the trailer and the
enormous amount of storage that it has.  Everything on the trailer is original
and it works.  I've only used the fridge with electricity and it's a bit slow
on cooling down but it eventually gets there.

Congratulations on your acquisition and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I
have enjoyed mine.
Chris