The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re: Silver Streak Digest V1 #628 Shower fiberglass, batteries??

  • To: <sslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] Re: Silver Streak Digest V1 #628 Shower fiberglass, batteries??
  • From: "Carolyn Frederick" <hown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:14:15 -0600

My husband repaired a big crack in another bathtub in an RV not a SS.  He
bought some type of epoxy to do it with and tinted it.  Also before that
since under the tub there was just a small block of wood he reinforced under
the whole tub so when you step in it won't give, of course the floor rotted
so he fixed it first.  But he put the epoxy over the whole bottom of the
tub, smoothed it out pretty good and it doesn't look bad at all.  It fixed
the leak and with the tub bottom reinforced it shouldn't happen again.  As
he said, they could spend maybe a couple hundred dollars more and make these
right but they shortcut stuff and it just causes problems in a few years.