The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] SS Suspension

Jonathan

I took my '77 33 foot SS in last spring to have a different style of equalizer installed to
provide about 2 inches of lift to prevent dragging when backing into my driveway or pulling
out of a low parking lot.? To my surprise, the orginal equalizers had worn significantly and
I realized that this maintenance was well over due. This would have lead to spring failure in
time.? This is one of those parts of the trailer that we dont realize what is going on until
we take it in to have this done. It was a relatively inexpensive job but I have more confidence
now knowing that all of the bolts etc. have been replaced.? Flipping the axles would have given
me about 5 inches and I opted not to do that since that would have made the trailer a little
higher than I wanted and I was also told by the spring shop that the handling of the trailer
would change a bit on the highway.? 2 inches did not make a different with handling but sure
makes a difference otherwise.

Thanks
James