The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Re: Silver Streak Digest V1 #471

Thanks for all your posts we are learning a lot of things from you all.

Since the topic has been on Propane tanks, here is a question somewhat
related.

Our SS 1970 Continental Atlas had 2 tanks and a battery on the hitch up
front.  It is three steel beams in a "Y" shape with the third beam in the
center of the "Y".  The battery sat on the center beam and has corroded and
rotted that beam.  I am not sure if it is structure beam that goes down the
direct center of the trailer.  We have not pulled off the skirt to find out
yet.  It is too cold to do it now until spring.  I was hoping someone would
have insight to those beams and what they support under the skirt.  Has
anyone successfully replaced that beam or have any other suggestions?

Also any suggestions for larger bed in the front of the trailer would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Dave and Sherylyn