The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] SS registry

Luke,

The sad reality is that without Tom Patterson, there would be nothing. The
SS and VAL lists were abandoned long ago and revived by Tom. Uncompensated,
Tom provides the only forum for SS discussion in a common interest, and no
better than those who find it and choose to participate. There is no forum
for Streamline owners, for an even shorter lived company. Airstream folks
have more forums than the VAL list, but it has a good active following.

I wouldn't have the knowledge to do any of what Tom does, or even keep it
going. I receive many lists related to vintage RV's, but nothing compares to
what the SS and VAL lists are which I believe is a result of structure and
moderator. I cannot imagine the expense of time and money to keep giving
this to the world but I am appreciative. I believe my participation in the
list is also a way to show it's value and my appreciation.

Lloyd Noble (deceased), of Noble Oil (Ardmore Ok) is quoted and epitaph, "No
man accomplishes anything by his efforts alone". I never agreed with that
statement. Tom Patterson is an exact example of what one man's efforts alone
can achieve. There are many more. Try the word Streamline motorhome on any
search engine and there is nothing else to appear except Tom Patterson.
That's good, and I am glad for it, that is how I found him so very long ago,
but it is also very sad.

Your efforts are very much worth the doing, and like Tom's are a long haul
and a definite instant success achievement. You now have five records in a
"long haul" registry effort. I have not counted Tom's registry. His and
yours are the only records of Silver Streak and Streamline that I know of on
the internet, in the whole world! Now if that isn't success, being a
something out of nothing, then what is?  You have gotten yourself into
whatever you can give to it in the time you can find to allot to it. It is
an effort, not a promise, and an accuracy that is only as good as what can
be compiled. It's a good thing. Given time and ability to learn, I hope to
add to it. It is all good.