The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] MORE about Greywater Tank Plumbing

Craig

I would suggest making certain that after market plumbing has not changed the original
configuration of your waste system. Has the outlet where the drain hose attaches been
updated? Possibly another valve installed on the outlet giving you a double valve on a
single tank? Check also to see if your sink has been re routed internally.  I agree
that on a 73 you probably do have two tanks because this was the year of change in the
RV industry for gray water tanks for the most part. With two holding tanks, I have never
seen any RV manufacturer that would bypass a holding tank from the factory. I would
think there had to be some plumbing updates later. You may want to check the underbelly
to see if any patches under the plumbing area have been added. If so, there has probably
been some updates to your trailer by previous owners for some reason. My SS has a factory
access panel under the p-trap of the bathtub and also an access panel near the fresh water
drain lines. There is an access panel under the area where the black water tank connects
to the black drain line and I believe this may have been added later so the connection
could be manually tightened. Also, if you have seals from the original Twis-lock drain
system, they could be be rotted through allowing a constant flow from either tank that may
need to be replaced. They are still available if this is the culprit. You can remove the
two screws on the top and bottom of the rectangular housing (where the pull handle is
located outside) and pull the entire section out for inspection.

James
77?Supreme Luxury Liner