The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] New Silver Streak Owners

Hello, my girlfriend Naia and I just purchased a 1947 19' SIlver
Streak Clipper in Salem, OR (we live in Portland). We are very excited
and believe it to have been a good deal (under $1000). It does need
some serious TLC though and we're very hopeful to get some help with
some of the trickier aspects. We have done some minor restoration but
still consider ourselves novices in the field. You can see some
pictures of it at www.picasweb.google.com/dacreature/47clipper

Some things that we know we are going to need:
Front window exterior flashing, rear window frame, original or similar
stove, rebuild of the step by the door, slight body work on one side,
awnings, exterior door latch and logo-emblem.

We're not going to go completely original on the restoration but use
all retro stuff and make it easy for someone to go all original on it
if they were to. The belly is pretty rusted but not rusted through,
we're not quite sure what to do with this and the step-up by the door.
We are also inexperienced with rivets and will have to remove a lot of
them to replace the door-window and screen. If there's anyone out
there who can help point us in the right direction, any info is
greatly appreciated.  I hope to see you people out there on the road
and maybe make it to a rally next year.

Thanks for bein there
Nick & Naia
The Creatures