The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] 1962 Silver Streak model 20

ok, so we picked up our new/old Silver Streak last weekend. I'll post
some pics when I get it somewhere prettier than our driveway. :-) You
can check it out to a certain degree on our webcam at
http://www.rockpatch.net/webcam.php

Anyway, I thought the SS's had a model name, not just "Model 20" which
is on the title and tag on the trailer. Unfortunately, the brochures on
Tom's site dance around our year, so there is no good reference. We
didn't get any manuals or paperwork with it of course, so we are
starting the research process, so any info would be appreciated.

We pulled it home last weekend across the Puget sound in Washington
State aboard a ferry, and we had a small crowd gathered around asking us
questions and peering inside. fun fun. The trailer is in good shape and
is about 95% original. No dents, just a few scuffs. I'll post more info
soon, and I'll probably start some sort of journal on our website about
our adventures. Unfortunately one of the few problem areas is the door.
At some point it must have opened enroute at highway speed, and the
hinges are slightly sprung, so for a secure latch it has to be locked,
and we secured it closed with a bungee cord. It sounds like the hinges
are hard to replace, so we may just have to live with it for now. It
isn't that big of a deal, but surely they should have made the doors
open the other direction. ;-)

Happy Trails.
Aaron