The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Just getting started

"Check to see if the Propane Tanks have had the new fill valves
installed, due to Federal Low, propane suppliers will no longer refill
tanks with the older valves."

The OPD valves are required by most if not yet all state and
territorial law. I got new OPDs installed and my cylinders recertified
(never done since 1979) in Great Falls, Mont. for $20 each. The
serviceman did warn that sometimes aluminum cylinders' threads come out
with the old valve, destroying the cylinder. Mine came out just fine.
Unfortunately I lost the level gages, so the gage on the interior panel
doesn't work. I would have had to buy new cylinders to get aluminum
ones with electric level gages.
Al