The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re towing

We tried to pull our 29.5' with a 3/4 ton Suburban with the 5.7L and 4.10 axle.
In my opinon, performance was marginal.  The Burb would do it, but with a lot
of RPM and going slow.  We are used to pulling a 36.5' 5er with a 7.3L diesel
dually which is about 7 or 8K#  more weight than the Burb and SS.  Running 60
MPH we managed to get 7.8 MPH in Texas which is relatively flat.  We sold the
Burb and kept our diesel as we got 10 to 11 MPG at 65 to 70 MPH  with a lot
more trailer weight plus it out performed the Burb on the hills.

  Ken