The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] 1973 SS

Congratulations on your find.
PLEASE DON'T JUST AIR UP THE TIRES, they will, in all probably be
rotten, and you will probably blow tires or loose the tread on some or
all of them while on the road, and damage the wheel wells, etc., as
well as being stranded beside the road with multiple flats.

Check the tire size and buy 5 new trailer tires, (specific for
trailers, they will air up at 80 PSI max.)  You will need the tires
anyway if you are going to take the trailer out on the road.

We have a 1972 26' Silver Streak Continental Apollo, with a Grey Water
Tank added, so it is probably similar to yours.  We really love it.
These are great trailers.

This web site is the best on the net for info about Silver Streak and
Streamline trailers.  As the trailers are so similar, often info on
one can be utilized on the other.  You can download manuals etc. from
Toms lists.

Best of luck with your new find, and lots of happy trailering miles.

Ralph